Nato il 06/04/1976 a Osijek (Croazia), risiede a Zagreb (Croazia).
Why have you chosen to participate in this competition?
I chose to participate in this competition because of my will to participate in world's art today.
This is my pathetic attempt to be an artist, what is the main topic of my art work.
Does art exist separate from an artist and how does artist refer to that.
2. To whom is art useful?
Art is most useful to artist, and maybe to society.
3. What is freedom of expression?
a) when the world truly rotates around me regardless of how I express myself
b) when they call me artist because of my behaviour
c) when the only thing that can stop my expressiveness is its own limit
d) when my self-expression stops at the point where the expressiveness of others starts
There is no freedom of expresion, we speak the language we have learned.
4. How would you interpret Joseph Beuys statement: "Everybody is an artist"?
If we agree to that, it can be so. Today art is a convention, it is born tomorrow.
5. What was the last opening of a cultural event that you went to? What did you think of it?
Usually I do not attend openings of cultural events if it is not opening of my exhibition.
6. Whats the hottest gossip in the art world that you know of?
I have learned a few, but I do not support them if they are not part of some art project.
7. What determines the behaviour of an artist who is inclined for success?
There is no formula for art nor success in art.
For artist's success in society artist must be what society expects of him. The dictate comes from the society.
Artist should have social skills but first quality of work.
8. Who supports the artist?
9. Who sponsored your last project (specify the procedure)?
10. What kind of sacrifices have you made and would be willing to do in order to achieve your objectives?
I don't want to think about art in that way, it is too romantic and opposite to my concept of art work.
11. Your specifications: height-weight / colour of hair-eyes / breast-waist-hips.
12. What is your "sound theme"? Tell us what kind of music you like.
I don't have a "sound theme".
The Beet Fleet, Laibach, Bach, Why stakla, Moricone, L.T.S., Pogues, Legen, Azra, Primus, Red Hot Chulli Peppers, Sanctus Domnio, Afro Celt sound System, Buena Vista Social Club, Cosmic Psychos, The New Bomb Turks, Butthole Surfers, Rollins Band, Mozart, Toma Bebic, D.O.A., M.O.D., S.O.D., Leonard Cohen, Idoli, Un viaggio musicale nell'Europa medievale e rinascimentale, Haustor, Ramones, Buzzcocks, Stranglers, Disciplina Kitschme, Peter and the test tube babies, Partibrejkers, Film, Patareni, Kud idijoti,...
13. What are your perversions?
I like to jerk off on EU.
14. Have you ever been to a psychologist?
15. Are you interested in politics? Why?
I am interested in politics because our fate depends on it.
My answer to 13th question is a response to the situation in Croatia about approaching EU.
One of my latest works is about croatian culture and politics.
16. A slogan that represents you (it will be published on the poster).
I have two slogans.
"By, invest, merchandise, art, me."
"Radeci ga kao umjetnost, besmisleni posao vezanja kamenja pretvaram u družtveno vrijednu stvar."
sculpture 2002. on the Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb in the class of
During study spent semestar (fall 2000.) on Indiana University of Pennsylvania with prof.James Nestor as e mentor.
Member of Society of Sculptors Pittsburgh, HDLU and HZSU Zagreb. Awarded by council of Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb.
2000. Miller Gallery, Indiana, PA
2002. gallery Vladimir Nazor, Zagreb
2002. gallery Nova, Zagreb
2003. Studio Josip Racic, Moderna galerija, Zagreb
2003. Ogranak Matice hrvatske KriĻevci
2003. podrumi Dioklecijanove palace, Split
2003. Kuglana 2, Koprivnica
2004. Galerija PM, Zagreb
2004. Galerija SC, Zagreb
2004. Galerija Bernarda Bernardija, POU, Zagreb
1999., 2003. Miniature Show, Zaprežic
2000., 2001., 2002. Pasionska bažtina, Zagreb
2000.65th Annual Show Society of Sculptors Pittsburgh, Garfield Art Works, Pittsburgh
2002. Sculpture Student's Show, Gallery SC, Zagreb
2001. Christmas in Osijek, Graddonji, Osijek
2001. Motion, City Hall, Zagreb
2002. Gallery Galurija, ALU Zagreb
2003. 8th triennale of croatian sculpture, Zagreb
2003. Drava Art Annale, Koprivnica
2004. Fragmenti-pogled u povijest, Gliptoteka HAZU, Zagreb
2004. 19. slavonski biennale, Galerija likovnih umjetnosti, Osijek
2004. IzloĻba recentnih radova clanova Hrvatskog družtva likovnih umjetnika, Zagreb
Actions and public works:
- Tying line, work in progres
- Project of passing through art, Osijek, January the 6th 2001.
- Tying a backyard, ALU Zagreb, Zagreb, 8th-14th February 2001.
- Tying a wall, Marjan, Split, March the 3rd 2001.
- Tying an apartment May-June 2001.
- Tying in media, article in "Zarez", 25th April 2002.
- Tying shoes, work in progress
- Instalation in the woods, Zagreb, June 2001.
- Instalation in the town square, During Urban Festival, Cvjetni trg, Zagreb, Septrmber 2002.
- public sculpture Herd of Logs, Svjetle pruge, Bjelovar, 2002.