1. Why have you chosen to participate in this competition?
I found it interesting and witty.
I know Nemanja Cvijanovi_.
It might look good in my C.V.
Something interesting might happen.
2. To whom is art useful?
To everybody who needs it. The question is why do they need it for.
3. What is freedom of expression?
a) when the world truly rotates around me regardless of how I express
b) when they call me artist because of my behaviour
-c) when the only thing that can stop my expressiveness is its
d) when my self-expression stops at the point where the expressiveness
of others starts
when I can express my opinion regardless of other people and a pressure
whom it might offend it..................................................................
4. How would you interpret Joseph Beuys statement: Everybody
is an artist?
Every body is an artist because of its functions. If you see bodily
functions as a way of expression, then bodies are artist.
Or it just means that every person has some unique action (or passivity)
that contains its essence and in that moment, being it self its
5. What was the last opening of a cultural event that you went to?
What did you think of it?
A yearly exhibition of HDLU Zagreb (Croatian Artists Society from Zagreb)
members in Zagreb, a really big one.
Boring, conventional, badly placed, past dated.
6. Whats the hottest gossip in the art world that you know of?
Somebody is pregnant with Somebody, sOMEbody entered SOMewhERE because
of SomeOne said someTHing, but I cant really talk about it.
7. What determines the behaviour of an artist who is inclined for success?
Authentic, original, egocentric, hardworking, sexy, unisexy, never or
always on drugs, gay, straight, bisexual, funny, dramatic, unconventional
in approved-by- conventionalist way.
8. Who supports the artist?
Anybody who needs some kind of publicity (governments, corporations, shops,
tobacco industry, ...) ; moms and dads, lovers, kind and rear people who
still think of art in an romantic way.
9. Who sponsored your last project (specify the procedure)?
City of Rijeka, a place where I live. First you talk to a woman who works
there as a gate keeper, so you could talk to a woman who works in an office.
Then explain to them what, why and when do you want. Then write a letter
about it and send it in 3 copies. And in the end call somebody influential
and ask them to do something about your request.
Application form looks like this (it took me years to write it right):
Z. Petranovica 3.
ZAMOLBA ZA KORISTENJE PROSTORA GALERIJE JURAJ KLOVIC
Ovim putem Vas molim da mi odobrite koristenje prostora galerije «Juraj
Klovic», u periodu od 22.11.2004. do 27.11.2004.(sest dana),
poradi realizacije samostalne izlozbe «choose the real thing».
Spomenutu instalaciju sam izlagala na Salonu mladih ove godine, uz potporu
Odjela za kulturu Grada Rijeke, koji bi mi finansirali i koristenje
prostora Vase galerije. Namjeravam samostalno organizirati cuvanje postave.
Nadam se da cete mi odobriti ovu molbu.
10. What kind of sacrifices have you made and would be willing to
do in order to achieve your objectives?
Being an artist is a sacrifice. I never have any money, my mother doesnt
respect me (or anybodys mother for that matter), and Im
emotionally exhausted after every project.
I had to get up early, do a lot of physical work and the worst
use my own equipment for realisations of project.
I dont know what I would do to achieve my goals, Ill think
about it when it comes.
11. Your specifications: height-weight / colour of hair-eyes / breast-waist-hips.
180 cm, 60 kg, blond, brown, 90-60-90
Or is that somebody elses?
12. What is your sound theme? Tell us what kind of music
I have a lot of sound themes: sympathy for the devil, come and dance
with me Michel, bollywood Nahin Jeena (I translate it like Medina, its
name of one of my girlfriends from Sarajevo). I like the music that
my friends make, even if they are unaware of it.
13. What are your perversions?
I like younger boys and bit older (than me) woman. But that is
not really perversion, is it? My real perversion is that I dont
consume any of my likening.
I have even bigger one, the one that makes me feel like monster of the
year among my single white female friends (they all think
they are Ally McBeall). I am actually in a long, eight years old, happy,
stabile, sexfull, non cheating relation with my boyfriend. And I feel
cut-out from woman society because of that.
14. Have you ever been to a psychologist?
Yes, couple of times. They were giving away money if you participate
in an research, so I went. It was for refuges only. I didnt like
it in the end, They were trying to put me in one of theirs little specifications.
They thought I was lying. Everybody wants a tragedy.
Another time I went because I was crying all the time and it effected
my relation with other people. Nobody wants a cry baby. And that made
me cry even more. So, I went to a psychologist and I cried there, and
after a while when I was explaining how I feel and was in the middle
of a story about Aska and wolf ( you know, about dancing lamb and wolf
is following her
) he said that we have no time and he wanted to
give me some medications. I refused, I told him that I can get medications
on my own, I dont need him for that, so he thought that I have
a drug problem. I gave up on them. The waiting room is too depressive
anyway, they all look tired, and you never get the same doctor twice.
15. Are you interested in politics? Why?
Its interested in me. I was born in Sarajevo, my father is a Serb
from Monte Negro, my mother Croat from Herzegovina. Im a Croatian
artist, Bosnian refuge and Serbian decent. I have two I.D. and three
citizenships. Every time when Im presenting myself somebody is
trying to push me into some nationality/state/minority/group. I had
a lot of problems being this mixture during the war. My name draws a
lot of attention, it unusual, archaic, strange in any ex-Yugoslavian
country, and its contradicted by itself (dan- day, mrak-dark,
my name is Daily Dark :) ). I dont really belong anywhere, I dont
understand the concept of nationality (as a subject), but I dont
mind. I have to keep up with politic, be informed, cause it always
effect me in some way.
16. A slogan that represents you (it will be published on the poster).
Time is on my side (Ill try not to loose it)
- Academy of Visual Arts, Design Departmant of Visual Comunications,
Master degree, currently attending
- University of Philosophu, Departmant of Fine Arts, graduated in 2001
Degree: Professor of Fine Arts
- High school «Andrija Mohorovicic», Degree:Computer Programer
- 1996.-"Big Art Violic Band",galerija Otok, Dubrovnik
- 1997.-"Big Art Violic Band", Mali Salon, Rijeka
- Day of Planet Earth, Korzo, Rijeka
- 1998.- "Ars Futura", Croatian Cultural Centar, Trieste
- Day of Planet Earth, Rjecina, Rijeka
- 1999.-2. Group Exhibition "Ex libris", galerija Kortil,
- Group Student Exhibition, University of Philosophu, Departmant of
Fine Arts in Rijeci, galerija Kortil
- Project "Veli Mrgar", Baska, island Krk
- Project "Leave Your Trace In Graphic Of Rijeka", galerija
- Dan planete Zemlje, Korzo, Rijeka
- 2000.- Budapest Art Expo, Budimpe_ta, Ma_arska
- 2001.- 26. Salon Mladih, Velesajam, Zagreb
- «Taste the Art», Group Exhibition, galerija O.K., Rijeka
- 2002.- Memefest 2002, ''No logo'', Ljubljana
- Group Student Exhibition ALU Ljubljana, Maribor
- 2003.- Memefest 2003, '' first things first'' Ljubljana
- FONA - Festival of New Art, Moderna galerija
- re:Action, Home Gallery in Prag, Republic of Cheh
- 4. International Exhibition «Ex libris», Kortil, Rijeka
- 2004 - 27.Salon Mladih, Dom HDLU-a, Zg.
- Exhibition of New Members of Croatian Artists Society in Rijeka galerija
J. Klovic, Ri.
- «Sexy» -International Exhibition of Multimedial Artists,
- «Bulimicna reklama», Galerija O.K. MMC Palach, Rijeka,2001.
- «Piles of Solitude» with E.V.Brokovskim, galerija «Marin»,
- «Piles of Solitude» with E.V.Brokovskim, galerija «Kortil»,
- «choose the real thing», galerija «Juraj Klovic»,
- «Luksuz festival po ceni filma», Krsko, SLO,2003
- video projections in MAMA centar, Zagreb, 2004
- video projections in «Kam Hram» multimedijal centar, Split
- «Trsatske stube», Week of Modern Dance in Zagreb 2004
- «Trsatske stube», club house « Dva Lava»,
- 1996.-"Big Art Violic Band", Stradun, Dubrovnik
- 1999.-"Kitsch Parti", Kortil, Rijeka
-"Dorucak na Korzu", Korzo, Rijeka
-"80`s", Kortil, Rijeka
Languages: Fluent in Croatian, English, Italian and Slovenian;
Computer: Adobe Premiere6, Photoshop7, Flesh5, Swish3, Word proccesing,
Internet, Power Point, and many others
Hobbies: travelling, sports, theater
Licences: Driver's licence, 2004.